Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New to Blogging and New to Etsy

Let me get started with a little bit of background about myself.  I was born and raised in Israel and currently travel around the world thanks to my job at an airline. Although I have a "real" job, my true passion is designing and making bags for your everyday.  I mostly make unisex bags ranging from padded laptop bags to small messenger bags.  I gather inspiration from my friends and surroundings, and basically, I love every bit of the design and creation process. Recently one of my friends convinced me to start selling my bags on Etsy, which caused me to open a store and now this blog :)

I am new to the world of blogging but thought that this would be a good place to start posting some of my Etsy related happenings.

For those of you who aren't aware of what Etsy is, let me give you a bit of background:
Etsy is basically a community of sellers and buyers. The website is filled with thousands of sellers from around the world that offer vintage and handmade items.  At Etsy you can usually find one of a kind items from one of a kind sellers.  If you haven't been there before I highly recommend stopping by and looking around.

Etsy seems to be a bit of drug for newbie sellers, or at least it is for me.  You become addicted to a whole new side of your business, for example, Google Analytics or SEO, things that I was never concerned about when I was just designing my bags.  Suddenly life got so technical, I mean, I never in a million years thought that I would start my own blog, analytics account, or anything of the sort, but here I am!

This blog will be dedicated to all things Etsy, including great items from sellers I happen to find, and my adventures into the world of online sales.

Hope to see you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment